Any sane person would have told you that Barack Hussein’s nuclear non-deal with the Iranian regime would only serve to further embolden the Islamic Republic to continue tormenting its neighbors, especially Israel.
So, guess what happened? As expected by anyone with an education above third grade, the Iranians, flush with Obamacash to buy new weapons and further develop their nuclear ambitions, have again threatened to destroy Israel and issued veiled threats to America that its presence in the region is unwanted and dangerous.
For those believing that Iran’s only goal is to destroy Israel, I remind them that parallel to its nuclear development program, Iran also has an intercontinental ballistic missile program underway. Iran does not need ICBMs to destroy Israel. They have that medium-range missile capability already. The ICBMs, armed with nuclear warheads, are intended for Europe and the United States.
According to United With Israel, “not only has the Iranian threat to Israel not subsided since the signing of the US-led nuclear deal, but the Islamic Republic has become even more brazen in its mockery of America.
Iran demonstrated once again on Wednesday that its animus toward Israel has not abated in the wake of the nuclear agreement it reached last year with six world powers.
Reuters reported that a banner on the side of a truck carrying a new long-range Iranian ballistic missile — the Zolfaqar — in a military parade in Tehran issued a direct threat to the Jewish state. ‘If the leaders of the Zionist regime make a mistake then the Islamic Republic will turn Tel Aviv and Haifa into dust,’ it said.
The parade — held to mark the 36th anniversary of the September 1980 Iraqi invasion of the Islamic Republic — also featured displays of other weapons systems — including the advanced Russian-made S-300 aerial defense system.
Iran recently deployed the S-300 at the Fordo nuclear facility south of Tehran.
Should Congress Remove Biden from Office?
At Wednesday’s parade, Maj. Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, called on the US to withdraw its military forces from the Persian Gulf region.
‘We tell the Americans that it’s better that the capital and wealth of the American people should not be wasted on their inappropriate and detrimental presence in the Persian Gulf,’ he was quoted as saying.
Furthermore, the Iranian regime-aligned news agency Tasnim reported that Jafari mocked America, saying, ‘If they want to extend their reach and engage in adventurism they should go to the Bay of Pigs.’ This was a nod to a failed US-sponsored invasion of Cuba in April 1961 that was intended to topple Fidel Castro’s communist regime.
A slew of top Iranian officials have recently spoken out against the US military presence in the Persian Gulf. Last week, Ali Shamkhani — the secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council — called the US military presence in the region ‘unwelcome and illegal.’
Also last week, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards Corps Navy, Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi, warned that US military forces must leave the Persian Gulf region ‘before any problem arises.’
A US Navy coastal patrol ship was forced to change course recently after a Revolutionary Guards Corps fast-attack craft came within 100 yards of it in the Persian Gulf. This marked the fourth such incident within a month.
And a week and a half ago, Iran threatened to shoot down two US Navy surveillance planes that were flying over the Persian Gulf close to Iranian airspace.”