By Thomas Madison

I love Second Amendment happy endings!

The story is a year old, but if you love the Second Amendment you won’t care and will cheer the outcome.

In Lumberton, South Carolina, an elderly couple was taken hostage in their own house by three scumballs. Grandpa and Grandma were forced to the back of the house and ordered to open the safe, which Grandpa was happy to do. What the morons didn’t know was that he kept a loaded handgun there.

The trio of dirtbags then attempted to rape the couple’s nineteen-year old granddaughter. Grandpa grabbed his pistol, spun around, and engaged the three cockroaches in a gunfight. He hit all three but took several bullets himself in the exchange. The dirtbags then fled the scene in Grandpa’s car, which they stole, where one of the swine (far left in the pic above) was found dead.

The good news is that Grandpa will recover, Grandma is safe, and their granddaughter will not be scarred for life.

The bad news is that only one of the deviant derelicts is taking the proverbial dirt nap. The other two made it to a hospital with serious injuries.


A Lumberton man is recovering after exchanging gunfire with three suspects who forced their way into his home and allegedly attempted to rape his granddaughter.

Robeson County Sheriff Kenneth Sealey said around 10 p.m. Monday, deputies were called to 67-year-Kenneth Byrd’s home in the 100 block of Yedda Road in east Lumberton about a reported shooting.

When authorities arrived, they found Byrd suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. His wife, 65-year-old Judy Byrd, and their 19-year-old granddaughter were also at the home.

The family told officials that the incident started when a man came to their door claiming to have car problems and needed water. Two other men wearing black clothing, ski masks and gloves then forced their way into the house and demanded money.

All three suspects were armed, according to Sealey.

The elderly couple was forced to the back of the home and ordered to open a safe.

The victims told authorities the suspects then tried to rape the couple’s granddaughter, which prompted Kenneth Byrd to grab a gun and fire at the men.

The men were injured, before fleeing in Byrd’s gold Cadillac. It is unclear if anything was stolen from the home.

Byrd, who was seriously injured, was taken to a local hospital, then airlifted to another hospital.

Shortly after the home invasion, authorities in Lumberton were notified that two men, 28-year-old Brandon Carver Stephens of Fairmont and 17-year-old Jamar Hawkins of Lumberton, had arrived at McLeod Medical Center in Dillon, South Carolina with gunshot wounds and were also airlifted to another hospital for treatment of their injuries.

They later found a third man, 20-year-old Jamie Lee Faison, dead from an apparent gunshot wound inside Byrd’s stolen vehicle on Singletary Church Road in Lumberton.

Authorities said they believed Faison, Stephens and Hawkins may have been involved in other home invasion robberies in the area.