H/T Sandy Tabor
For all those who actually fell for the line that the “Affordable Care Act,” i.e. Obamacare, was the altruistic act of a benevolent government, consider the following points and real life effects of government interference in commerce….
- Many healthcare providers refuse to participate. In many, many cases this has led to the separation of doctor and patient. For example, America’s #1 health carrier, United Healthcare, ditched Obamacare this year because the program was causing the company to hemorrhage massive amounts of money.
- Health insurance costs have increased, thanks to Obamacare, and will continue to increase. “A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that private health insurance premiums will continue to balloon over the next decade thanks in large part to Obamacare.” This is due to the mandates built into Obamacare, in many cases forcing consumers to pay for coverage they do not need and do not want. See the video, below.
- Many employers are forced to hire more part-time employees than full-time employees and/or reduce full-time employees’ hours to part-time status to avoid the requirement to provide healthcare coverage for those employees.
- Obamacare is causing many docs to leave the profession, the education and certification for which they paid six figures for. According to Charles Krauthammer, himself a doctor, many of his Harvard Medical School classmates have been demoralized by Obamacare and its forced mandates and are leaving the profession…. “My colleagues who have already left practice all say they still love patient care, being a doctor. They just couldn’t stand everything else.” By which he meant “a never-ending attack on the profession from government, insurance companies, and lawyers . . . progressively intrusive and usually unproductive rules and regulations,” topped by an electronic health records (EHR) mandate that produces nothing more than ‘billing and legal documents’ — and degraded medicine.” Many of those docs are being replaced by foreigners. I have seen this one personally, as I take a relative to his doctors’ appointments. Of the four docs who treat him, only one is a native-born American.
- Many consumers have seen such dramatic spikes in the cost of their health insurance that they have dropped their coverage altogether, only to receive a pleasant reminder from the IRS that they now owe the federal government thousands of dollars for their “unpaid shared responsibility payment”. See the letter the IRS sent Mr. and Mrs. Miller, below.
The slice of Bizarroworld we know as Obamacare is summed up nicely in the video, below, by North Carolina congresswoman Renee Ellmers, who was questioning Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services, on Obamacare and the forced mandates requiring consumers to purchase insurance they have no use for, such as maternity coverage for young single males.
You just can’t make this stuff up, folks….
Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?
A gentle reminder from the IRS to Mr. and Mrs. Miller….
“Thanks Obama for the fine for not having insurance.
Because the the plan I had that was 398.00 a month for my family only increased to 1400.00 a month in 2014. So I chose not to pay 1400.00 a month.
So got a nice little fine.
Thanks for the affordable care act. Thanks for making it so affordable!!”