By Howard Portnoy
If your primary source of news is MSNBC, then you subscribe to the theory that Keith Lamont Scott, the man shot and killed by Charlotte police a week ago, was unarmed. You also believe that the gun recovered at the scene of the shooting was planted there by the cops and that Scott and his wife, Rakeyia, had enjoyed twenty blissful years of marriage before police cut him down in his prime for no better reason than they dislike black people.
But newly unearthed documents suggest there was trouble in paradise. Charlotte NBC affiliate WCNCreports that in October 2015 Scott’s wife filed a restraining order against her husband.
In that order, a copy of which appears below, Rakeyia Scott checked the “yes” box in response to the question of whether there was” any reason that law enforcement officer should consider the defendant a potential threat (i.e., carries concealed weapon.” To the followup query, “If yes, specify the circumstances,” she wrote, “he carries a “9mm black.”
Do you think Cubans are fighting for healthcare or freedom from Communism?
Elsewhere in the document, Mrs. Scott informed authorities:
He hit my 8-year-old in the head a total of three times with his fist [and] he kicked me and threaten(ed) to kill us last night with his gun. He said he is a killer and we should know that.
There’s more bad news for social justice warriors:
On Monday, law enforcement sources confirmed that the gun officers found in possession of Keith Scott at time of shooting was stolen.
According to the police source, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told police investigators the gun had been stolen and later sold to Scott.
Here’s a video of the WCNC news report.