Longtime Powdered Wig reader and contributor Renee H emailed me a reminder a few days ago of Nikita Khrushchev’s Cold War prediction that communism and the Soviet Union would “bury” democracy, capitalism, and their chief guardian, the United States.
My first thought was that communism/socialism is a failed ideology. Look no farther than North Korea and Venezuela for confirmation. Then I calculated what it would take for America to become a communist nation. In light of today’s political climate, that calculation left a chill running up my spine.
To date, Bernie Sanders, an avowed communist, and not even a Democrat, is the frontrunner in the 2020 Democratic Presidential Sweepstakes. All it would take for America to become a socialist/communist nation is for the Democratic Party to commit enough election/voter fraud in our shamefully flawed, vulnerable, hackable voting system to pull off a victory in November. I believe that is doable. Donald Trump may enjoy a 70% approval rating and massive support, but our electronic voting and vote-counting system is so defenseless against corruption that he could easily lose. Within a few years of a Bernie administration, we are Venezuela with runaway inflation, empty grocery shelves, and massive unemployment – our misery would be equal, and equality is what matters in Commieworld. Not a pretty picture.
Khrushchev may have been a flaming communist, but he was no dummy. During that golden American “boomer” period of the 1950s and 1960s, he was a visionary and considered a benevolent leader by the Russian people. He had condemned the brutal policies of his predecessor, Joseph Stalin, and had embraced a freer Soviet society, although still very much under the thumb of the government of Mother Russia.
The polar opposite of JFK, America’s young tall, handsome, rich president, Khrushchev was from a family of peasants. He was also an old, bald, short (5′ 3″) leader of a country that had been driven into poverty by the Marxist policies of Lenin and Stalin. Yet, he clung to the communist model, insisting that it would prevail and spread across the globe until all the people on earth were equally hungry and miserable. As smart as he was, Khrushchev never realized the inherent flaw in communism – individual incentive.
Khrushchev should have studied early American history for the answer. When the Pilgrims left Europe for religious freedom and landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620, they devised a system of self-governance and social order that was straight up communism. Individuals were required to work the communal plot of crops that were all shared equally at harvest time. The problem was that some of the Pilgrims didn’t put forth a lot of effort and those who were working hard resented it and they began to slack off. Why should they work hard for their lazy neighbors? So, come harvest time, the pickings were slim and the Pilgrims nearly starved to death and certainly would have if not for the help of their friends, the Wampanoag tribe, which gave them food during the harsh winter of 1620-21, literally saving them from starvation.
Having recognized the futility and inherent misery of communism, the Pilgrims brainstormed and invented a new, novel form of self-governance and complementary economic system – capitalism and individual property ownership. Each Pilgrim household was given a plot of land to farm, sized in proportion to the number of family members. And the Pilgrims prospered. The lazy either starved or produced and the hardworking, industrious Pilgrims yielded a harvest surplus that they then traded for clothing and other goods. And, the rest is history.
Today, thanks to the help of Mikhail Gorbachev and Ronald Reagan, Russia is a model of democracy and capitalism with many millionaires and billionaires and a stable, flourishing economy. Russians enjoy far more social and economic freedom today than do Americans. China, although still adhering to a hybrid system of capitalism and socialism, is doing well enough, although President Trump is working constantly to correct America’s trade imbalance with China.
Bottom line: If Bernie Sanders or any Democrat is elected president in November, you can be certain of one thing – equal misery, the promise of communism.
From Renee H
Khrushchev prediction – sixty years ago
THIS WAS HIS ENTIRE QUOTE:
“Your children’s children will live under communism, You Americans are so gullible.
No, you won’t accept communism outright; but we will keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you will finally wake up and find you already have Communism.
We will not have to fight you; we will so weaken your economy, until you will fall like overripe fruit into our hands.”
“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
Remember, Socialism leads to Communism.
So, how do you create a Socialistic State?
There are 8 levels of control; read the following recipe.
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people.
2) Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect (food, housing, income) of their lives because that will make them fully dependent on the government.
6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to and take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion – Remove the belief in God from the Government and schools because the people need to believe in ONLY the government knowing what is best for the people.
8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. Eliminate the middle class. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor.”
Chilling, yes? We the People who have allowed Democrats to run America for far too long have seen all eight of the foregoing Khrushchev points become reality.
The solution to avoiding Khrushchev’s prediction? Entirely changing our voting system. I have been screaming for this for decades. I believe that the following changes should be made to make our voting system as secure as possible to truly reflect the will of the people….
- Voter picture ID with fingerprint. Essential!
- Return to paper ballots and stubby pencils.
- No electronic voting machines or vote-counting machines.
- Empty ballot boxes are delivered to precincts no more than 24 hours prior to election day, are certified by signature of election officials and representatives of both parties as inspected, locked, sealed and date/time stamped.
- Voting is witnessed by representatives of both parties at the precinct level.
- Vote counting: Votes are hand-counted twice at the precinct level in the presence of representatives of both parties who certify the count by signature.
- The vote-counting process is live-streamed for citizens to witness online.
Voting in America is our most important civic duty. It cannot be left to chance or the malevolence of corrupt officials.