I consider the upcoming presidential election a referendum. Are voters going to be for the We the People (Donald Trump) or for special interests, continued corruption, and establishment status quo (Hitlery Clinton)? Sounds like a no-brainer to me, but unfortunately there are millions of certified morons in the United States who enjoy the privilege to vote. A lot of dead folks, too.
Donald Trump has outlined 28 initiatives he plans to accomplish in this first 100 days, an impressive list, very beneficial to We the People, and very counter to the interests of beltway career parasites and K Street. Like I said, sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Declares The Donald, “On November Eighth, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our country, secure our communities, and honesty to our government. This is my pledge to you and if we follow these steps we will once more have a government of, by and for the people and importantly we will make America great again. Believe me.”
Below are the enumerated initiatives in the “Contract With the American Voter” as outlined by Mr. Trump. My comments follow each initiative in red.
- Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress. Yes! Good luck with that one. Newt tried it in 1994 in his similarly-named Contract With America. Congressional term limits was the only provision of the contract that was not passed. You can’t exactly expect career parasites to vote themselves off the gravy train. They may be corrupt, but they’re not stupid. It will take massive public pressure to pass this one. Again, good luck!
- Institute a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health). Perfect! Allow attrition to naturally reduce the size of the voracious monster that is our federal government. I would actually prefer something a bit more aggressive, like completely eliminating useless and/or redundant departments, bureaus, and agencies, but this will do nicely. It was also Mitt Romney’s plan in 2012.
- Require for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated. Suits me. We are choking to death in regulation and laws. Often, obeying a law at one level violates a law at another. That is how crazy the laws and regulation have become.
- Institute a five year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service. Yep! Beltway parasites leaving government service for the greener pastures of K Street has been a yuge problem for We the People. Congressmen have gone to Washington and have become rich, completely losing sight of why they were sent there. Five years will turn over Congress enough that the influence of a one-time Congressman will be greatly diminshed if not impotent, and undesirable by the nefarious forces who have been hiring our legislators to influence and manipulate legislation.
- Create a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government. Common sense!
- Institute a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections. One need to look no further than the Wicked Witch of Benghazi to understand the need for this one. Imagine, the same people who funded the terrorists who took down our World Trade Center and murdered over 3,000 innocent people are the same people who are throwing as much money at Hitlery as she can spend to win the White House, which they will then own.
- Announce intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205. Renegotiate, hell! Pull out. We are in the driver’s seat. We don’t need to renegotiate.
- Announce withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. YES! The latest job-stealing brainstorm of the liberal morons is good for Asia, horrible for Mom and Pop America.
- Direct Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator. Yeah, trade policy must finally be reformed in America’s favor. We have been giving away the store and it is stupid! I wrote an article on this very thing over three years ago, long before The Donald was on the presidential, and surprisingly it matches his own trade policy almost exactly. Link…. Time To Stop Being Stupid!
- Direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately. Good leadership. America first, baby!
- Lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal. I know, it sounds like a no-brainer. Unfortunately, We the People have been the hapless victims of brainless, corrupt politicians for a very long time. I believe we should also go completely isolationist on this one. Forget OPEC. We create our own energy market, not subject to OPEC manipulation. We have the resources, we have the technology. America first, baby!
- Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward. Yep! Tens of thousands of good-paying AMERICAN jobs will result from this.
- Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure. Good for starters, but I think we should pull completely out of the UN. It has proven to be a parasitic, overbearing, tyrannical and completely unnecessary Big Brother. And we are paying for it! Not only are We the People the greatest financial contributor to the UN, but we are also hosting the worthless paper tiger. We the People do NOT need the UN or any other additional layer of government to lead us around by our noses.
- Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama. Music to my ears! All of Hussein’s executive orders have been unconstitutional. Repeal them all!
- Begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. For all of you Trump-hating boneheads out there who oppose Donald Trump because you believe he hates our Constitution, please read #15 over and over again until you get it.
- Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities. Common sense!
- Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back. Good! If they are criminal illegal aliens they belong in one of two places – the hellhole they came from or an American prison, then sent back to the hellhole they came from. And I don’t understand the part regarding “foreign countries that won’t take them back.” You fly them to the country they came from, lower the ramp, escort them off the plane, and take off. How difficult is that. The country they came from doesn’t have to agree to accept them. They don’t have to like it. We land in the country they came from ILLEGALLY, escort them down the ramp where they plant their feet on Terra firma, and fly away. They then become their country of origin’s problem, as it should be. We need not be concerned about them anymore. I truly wish them well in the future.
- Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting. As it is impossible to vet most of these “refugees,” I expect the immigration from terror-prone regions (Middle East) will be a trickle, at most, and those will likely be educated, documented, vettable individuals. Great idea and just more common sense.
- Work with Congress on a Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act.An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate. Welcome improvements upon our current mind-blowing tax code, but I had hoped to see the abolishment of the IRS and a fair tax, flat tax system, or value-added tax (sales tax) system. I’m sure Trump’s experts have consulted on this a great deal and determined that this is the best short-term solution. I trust their judgement implicitly.
- Work with Congress on a End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free. Much, much needed legislation. Not sure about working “with Congress,” though. This may need to be done by executive order (hopefully not, as The Donald is expected to maintain Republican majorities in both chambers, keeping in mind that some Republicans are not exactly pro-Trump or pro-American). Either way, it will keep American jobs in America instead of Mexico or China. Slap a nice fat import tariff on the goods the traitorous companies who leave the US want to ship back to us so that they can make a nice fat profit and to hell with the loyal American employees who helped build their companies. One of two things will happen – they will return to the US with their tails between their legs or their businesses will dry up and blow away, as the new pricing that the tariff demands makes American manufacturers of the same products competitive again. It is those patriots who should reap the benefit of their allegiance, not the scumbags who deserted their loyal American employees so that they and their shareholders could make even more money for themselves.
- Work with Congress on an American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral. Yep! Approve the common sense Keystone pipeline.
- Work with Congress on a School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable. This is very near and dear to my heart as my children suffered a horrible public school education at the hands of people I consider career parasites who forced my children to attend the school THEY wanted them to attend. Bullshit! I am in the preliminary stages of writing a book on the incredible difficulty and often misery simply being an American entails, devoting an entire chapter to this topic. The rest of the world believes it is wonderful in America. It isn’t and it hasn’t been for a very long time. Donald Trump is doing all the right things to right our course in the direction our founders intended.
- Work with Congress on a Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications. Obamacare sucks! Typical Democrat/Marxist income redistribution. Anything is an improvement. Removing state borders to increase competition and getting the federal government the hell out of our doctor’s office are great ideas! Health Savings Accounts only work for those who can afford them, however, and those people number fewer and fewer every day. Increasing wages and prosperity will go a long way towards making healthcare affordable again. Wages have remained stagnant while the cost of healthcare has skyrocketed. Wages MUST improve. Reducing federal spending while creating tax incentives will stimulate our economic engine, spreading prosperity from sea to shining sea once again.
- Work with Congress on an Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families. While I shudder to see new entitlements this is common sense and will help millions of Americans to keep more of their earnings.
- Work with Congress on an End Illegal Immigration ActFully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first. Much needed. We have been looking the other way while millions of illegal aliens enter our country. Many are deported, only to re-enter again and again. Enough already! You want to become an American, no problem. Get in line with the legal immigrants and we will accept all we can without causing injury to our own people. Entering any country illegally is not the best way to win the respect of your host.
- Work with Congress on a Restoring Community Safety Act.Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars. Common sense legislation.
- Work with Congress on a Restoring National Security Act.Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values. After eight years of dangerously depleting our military it desperately needs rebuilding. Taking care of our vets is common sense and the moral thing to do. They signed a blank check payable to We the People for an amount up to and including their very lives. We OWE them!
- Work with Congress on a Clean up Corruption in Washington Act.Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics. This one is actually funny. “Work with Congress?” LOL! Congress will not vote themselves off the gravy train. While there are a handful of Republicans in Congress who I consider patriots, there are not enough of them to approve such legislation, which in itself is a crying shame. While a fantastic idea, don’t expect Congress to go along. This may have to be another executive order. Congress will hate it, but it is the right thing to do for the people. How about a national referendum on this and Congressional term limits. I am absolutely certain that they would be both be approved directly by We the People. Who can order a national referendum is the question. They are not provided for or addressed in our Constitution. However, I believe the broad power of executive order gives this authority to the President, which Barack Hussein has proven.