By Thomas Madison
Americans are generous, or as our European cousins prefer to say, STUPID!
Of the world’s 36 developed nations, only two offer birthright citizenship, The United States and Canada.
The following nations have been among those repealing birthright citizenship, the most recent being Australia, only eight years ago.
- Australia (2007)
- New Zealand (2005)
- Ireland (2005)
- France (1993)
- India (1987)
- Malta (1989)
- UK (1983)
- Portugal (1981)
So, just what is the real cost of birthright citizenship (anchor babies) and illegal immigration? According to the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), over $1,100 per US household per year. Not insignificant money! That could pay for a nice summer vacation for the family, or be added to the family college fund, or simply spent for Christmas. Instead, it is being given away to strangers from another country. On what planet does this make sense?
Key Findings from FAIR:
- Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.
- The annual outlay that illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers is an average amount per native-headed household of $1,117. The fiscal impact per household varies considerably because the greatest share of the burden falls on state and local taxpayers whose burden depends on the size of the illegal alien population in that locality
- Education for the children of illegal aliens constitutes the single largest cost to taxpayers, at an annual price tag of nearly $52 billion. Nearly all of those costs are absorbed by state and local governments.
- At the federal level, about one-third of outlays are matched by tax collections from illegal aliens. At the state and local level, an average of less than 5 percent of the public costs associated with illegal immigration is recouped through taxes collected from illegal aliens.
- Most illegal aliens do not pay income taxes. Among those who do, much of the revenues collected are refunded to the illegal aliens when they file tax returns. Many are also claiming tax credits resulting in payments from the U.S. Treasury.
America is bursting at the seams! Not with joy and prosperity. That was another life. Rather, with debt and expense, not due to the actions of Mom and Pop America themselves, but from other sources, our corrupt political class who is gladly mortgaging our childrens’ futures for the votes of illegal immigrants, and from the illegal immigrants themselves who care not a whit for the American people who are sacrificing for their benefit. They are here for a better life, and they don’t care if someone else is paying for it.
Does any American imagine that illegal immigrants actually care about them? Of course not! So, why are we so obliged to care about them?
The clear solution to the problem we have gotten ourselves into is to reverse the actions that have gotten us here. Enact legislation that makes it clear that the children of illegal aliens are NOT citizens of the United States. There is no need to repeal the Fourteenth Amendment, in my opinion. Build the wall. Increase our border protection. Americans first for a change!
The United States is not Santa Claus. It is time to stop being so