Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met this morning at The Donald’s Manhattan apartment. Following are the highlights as excerpted from a Trump press release….
- Mr. Trump and the Prime Minister discussed the special relationship between America and Israel and the unbreakable bond between the two countries. The topics of military assistance, security and regional stability were addressed.
- They discussed at length the nuclear deal with Iran, the battle against ISIS and many other regional security concerns.
- Mr. Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu discussed at length Israel’s successful experience with a security fence that helped secure its borders.
- Mr. Trump recognized that Israel and its citizens have suffered far too long on the front lines of Islamic terrorism. He agreed with Prime Minister Netanyahu that the Israeli people want a just and lasting peace with their neighbors, but that peace will only come when the Palestinians renounce hatred and violence and accept Israel as a Jewish State.
- Finally, Mr. Trump acknowledged that Jerusalem has been the eternal capital of the Jewish People for over 3000 years, and that the United States, under a Trump administration, will finally accept the long-standing Congressional mandate to recognize Jerusalem as the undivided capital of the State of Israel.
NY: Photos, PM Netanyahu meeting Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in Manhattan this morning pic.twitter.com/vIbKiS8N0N
— Yiddish News (@YiddishNews) September 25, 2016