H/T Thomas Ventimiglia
President Trump sat quietly, checking his watch every fifteen minutes or so for the exact minute that Chuck Schumer cried uncle. It didn’t take long.
Schumer isn’t as stupid as he looks. After walking around DC for a couple of days with the shutdown hanging around his neck like a 500-pound anchor that even the liberal media was blaming on him, he realized that the only way to stop the pain was to tap out NOW! Little did he know that the pain was just beginning. He and the Democrats had made a critical miscalculation. They believed that they could cause another government shutdown and have the media blame it on the Republicans, but due to a brilliant Trump PR campaign of not only blaming the shutdown on Schumer personally before he could rush to a microphone and blame Trump, but even naming the government closure the Schumer Shutdown. Now he owns it!
The Schumer Shutdown and resulting Democrat crash-and-burn capitulation proved many things….
- Democrats don’t care about Americans. Most of us already knew this, but a great many eyes were opened to the Democrat anti-America agenda over the past week. Most of those eyes belong to Democrats, many of whom will be calling themselves Republicans in the near future. Welcome home!
- The Republican Party truly is the pro-America party. Sure, there is a handful of Rinos and career establishment types on the right, but it appears they are being attritted rather quickly.
- Democrats put the welfare of illegal invaders above the welfare of US citizens. Not because they want to, but because they have to. It isn’t really something they believe in. They believe only in themselves and their continued power. They could give a doodly about DACA recipients and Dreamers. All they care about are the votes. I guarantee you if President Trump said, “OK, we will give amnesty to the Dreamers, but they are ineligible to vote for 20 years,” the Democrats would suddenly lose all interest in helping Dreamers.
- The Democrats are playing checkers and President Trump is playing chess. The Democrats are embarrassingly outmatched. All of them!
- The Democrat Party is dead. They just don’t know it yet.
The best news of all to come out of the shutdown is that the Democrat Party damaged its already badly-damaged self at the worst possible time, just as the midterm elections are gearing up. This is giving renewed confidence to the Republican Party and its 2020 candidates. I expect a red wave in November and a greater majority in both chambers of Congress, hopefully a 60/40 advantage in the Senate, much needed to eliminate the current gridlock and accelerate the Trump agenda.
Congressional Democrats on Monday, the third day of the government shutdown, completely caved to the Republicans—getting absolutely nothing policy-wise for their efforts.
And perhaps they jeopardized their midterm election chances in a volatile voting year, hurting House and Senate Democrats’ chances alike. But it also provides Republicans with a much-needed overarching theme for the midterm elections, which is that Democrats favor illegal aliens over Americans, while Republicans put Americans first. Party-wide, top Republicans on Monday were fired up after the Schumer Shutdown ended in absolute utter failure for the Democrats.
“Millions of Americans have watched Democrats resist and obstruct President Trump at every move and they watched Democrats put politics above people by voting for this shutdown,” Ronna Romney McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), told Breitbart News on Monday afternoon. “For the Democrats who chose once again to jeopardize government funding, November is going to be a wake-up call.”
President Donald Trump and Republicans on both sides of Capitol Hill are jubilant after this complete and total victory, as Democrats offered unconditional surrender just three days into their ill-advised government shutdown strategy to try to push for an amnesty for illegal alien recipients of the expiring DACA program. As the government reopens Monday evening after the Senate first passed a government funding bill followed by the House, Republicans party-wide are salivating at the political opportunities that lay ahead in November of this year.
“The pathetic Schumer shutdown has made one thing crystal clear to all Americans heading into the 2018 midterms elections,” Dave Bossie, the president of Citizens United and former deputy campaign manager for President Trump’s 2016 general election campaign, told Breitbart News. “The Democrats’ number one priority is to protect 700,000 illegal aliens ahead of 300 million Americans. President Trump is fighting for all Americans first. His priority is making sure that 300 million Americans are far more wealthy, far more secure, and far more optimistic about the future than they were during Barack Obama’s failed presidency and Nancy Pelosi’s failed tenure as House Speaker.”
Democrats were on a roll before this shutdown, barreling toward what appeared to be an inevitable shot at taking back the majority in the House of Representatives in November’s midterm elections–until they shut the government down on Friday night.
They had won Virginia’s contested gubernatorial election in a blowout in November, then won a special election for U.S. Senate in Alabama. Then they won a statehouse race in Wisconsin before shutting the federal government down–a battle they have by all accounts now lost badly.
Now, Democrats have emerged walking into the midterms with serious brand damage–as they are now known as the party of illegal aliens over American citizens in this debate, particularly as Republicans frame themselves as the defenders of America and Americans first. But more importantly, the Democrats have cast themselves as the party of chaos, instability, and uncertainty while Republicans can frame themselves as the party of certainty, steadiness, and stability.